As a manufacturer in the industrial field, marketing your products in the most effective way can help you maintain greater profitability in the competitive marketplace. Working with a manufacturer’s representative or industrial equipment distributor can help you to achieve greater saturation among your target audience. Here are some of the primary differences between representatives and distributors and a few of the benefits of both.
What Is the Difference Between a Manufacturer’s Representative and a Distributor?
Understanding how a manufacturer’s representative and a distributor differ can help you make the right choice for your industrial manufacturing enterprise.
- Manufacturer’s representatives work as salesmen and marketing liaisons to represent your company’s products and services to potential clients. These individuals can help you make the right connections with other companies and clients by contacting them and advising them on the features and advantages of your products.
- Distributors, by contrast, generally buy your products outright at wholesale prices and then distribute them to retailers for sale to consumers. A Industrial equipment distributor can provide you with added visibility in the consumer marketplace while ensuring revenue streams for your manufacturing company.
In some cases, these two tasks can be combined to provide even more marketing power for your industrial manufacturing company. Working with a firm that can serve both as a distributor and as a representative for your products and services can help your company make the most positive impact in the competitive marketplace. These firms are typically referred to as multi-line sales organizations and can provide real benefits for your manufacturing enterprise.
Benefits of Combined Manufacturer’s Representative and Distribution Companies
Working with a company that combines the activities involved in representing and industrial equipment distribution of your products can provide significant advantages, including the following:
- A more informed and engaged sales team
- Increased control over the marketing and distribution of your products
- Consistent costs for marketing and distributing your products
- Reduced overhead for sales staff
- Consulting services that can help you target the right industrial markets
- Improved relationships with retailers and consumers
- Enhanced market intelligence and forecasting
- Better positioning in the competitive marketplace
At the Industrial Equipment Company of Houston, Inc., we offer our expertise as a industrial equipment distributor and manufacturer’s representative to ensure that your products achieve the visibility and market saturation you need to ensure profitability and to stay competitive in your industry. We distribute products like ASCO solenoid valves and other products from top brands in the industrial equipment distribution field. Our team can put our years of experience to work for you. Call us today at 1-800-275-3181 to discuss your needs with us. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you.