Choosing the right ASCO solenoid valves for your equipment is essential for its proper function. These valves are activated by use of an electrical current that switches the valve from open to closed to open again when current is sent through a coil. These valves are critical to your ongoing operations. Keep in mind these few factors when selecting ASCO solenoid valves for your industrial applications.
The Anatomy of an ASCO Solenoid Valve
ASCO solenoid valves typically consist of two primary components:
- The solenoid is responsible for converting electrical current into the mechanical force needed to open or close the valve.
- The valve is the actual mechanical element that opens or closes to allow fluids to flow through when triggered by the solenoid.
Solenoid valves are typically configured as spools or poppets:
- A spool solenoid valve is designed with a machined spool that slides back and forth within the valve body. This allows for bidirectional positioning for these valve installations. This spool type offers added flexibility in the industrial environment.
- Poppet valves are generally configured as two-way and two-position solenoid valves that open or close as needed to allow fluids to pass through or to retain them in a particular area.
Pneumatic valves require exhaust ports and usually consist of five-ported valves that use a 5/3 solenoid valve setup to manage cylinder movements and applications.
Specifications for ASCO Solenoid Valves
- The size of the pipe
- The type of fluid to be managed, including its viscosity
- Operating pressure minimums and maximums
- Temperature minimums and maximums
- Whether the valve is normally closed, normally open or universal
- The voltage and frequency
ASCO valves are available in two-way, three-way and more complex configurations and are designed specifically to suit the needs of particular industrial activities. Working with a qualified industrial equipment distribution company is often the best strategy for finding the right replacement valve for your industrial requirements.
At the Industrial Equipment Company of Houston, Inc., we are a manufacturer’s representative and distribution company with deep roots in the Houston area. We have been serving our region since 1936 and offer ASCO solenoid valves, Fireye flame scanners and many other products designed for the industrial market. Our team will work with you to determine the best options for your needs and your budget. Give our team a call today at 1-800-275-3181 to discuss your requirements and to order the parts you need from us. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you now and in the future.